A complete action packed day highlighting the best Hawke’s Bay has to offer. Start the day at a small family run boutique winery. Take a full behind the scenes tour of Church Road winery, the Tom McDonald Cellar and NZ’s only wine museum. Enjoy lunch with wine at the country’s oldest and grandest winery, the Mission Estate.
After lunch visit a mixture of Hawke’s Bay’s boutique and medium sized wineries and learn how wine evolves from the vine to the glass on a smaller scale (dependent on health and safety regulations and availability), a great contrast to the larger production winery from the morning. Taste award winning wines from NZ’s most prestigious wine growing district the Gimblett Gravels. Finish with a gourmet platter at an award winning winery. Indulge in the finest local produce such as meats, cheese, marinated vegetables, olives, breads and dips.
- Wine Tasting 6 Wineries
- Fully Guided Tour of the Church Road Winery
- Visit NZ’s only Wine Museum & taste in the Tom McDonald Cellar
- Lunch with Wine @ Mission Estate (1 main course & 1 Glass of Wine)
- Sightseeing with Fully Guided Commentary
- Vine to Glass Experience (learn how wine evolves from vine to glass)
- Gourmet Platter at 4pm